Tiger crashes everywhere

xaub

Registered
Have just bought a brand new PB and it was working perfectly under osx 10.3.9. Now that i have updated to tiger (which i even had to pay for the disks), several things makes me feel going back to 10.3.9

- Software update crashes allways when looking for an update
- I see a black stripe in the middle of the white menu line???
- all applications crash sometimes for no reason?
- qt7pro nor i tunes 4.8 can read ogg files, what a shame...

Thus update 10.4.1 fix anything of this?

Thanks for an advice

Alex

Forgot to say one thing.
I installed tiger while running on battery.
Is this ok or could that causing the problems??

Thanks for advice,

Alex

That could be a problem indeed. Plug in the power cable, and then do a clean install of Tiger. BUT: SAVE YOUR DATA BEFORE YOU DO A CLEAN INSTALL!! Upgrades can also cause problems. I did a clean install on both of my machines when installing Tiger. So far I have no problems.

Cheers

Personally, I would do an archive and install/preserve user and network settings with Tiger. Doing so installs a completely new version of your system, retains your settings, files, installed software, etc., and provides a disabled system folder for you to reclaim anything you end up needing. If things, don't work well enough after doing so, then some basic troubleshooting and info provided by us about Tiger issues should make all go well for you.

I'm having the same problems except it isn't just software that crashes...everything crashes. Boot up, log in, crash...boot up, login, for some reason log in again, crash...boot up, crash.

So I tried a few things (check this) without help...now I'm trying to do an archive install or even a fresh install, but when I boot into the Tiger disc to start the process, more crashes. Any ideas?

Back