Tiger Desktops

GroundZeroX

Searching for logic
Will anyone post pictures of the new desktops in Tiger?

I know it sounds trivial, but I've heard from someone that theres all new desktop backgrounds that come with the operating system. I hear they look great.

Exactly. They might pop up before Tiger's release on one or the other rumour site, but it seems that Apple's tactics have been quite effective. Cease and desist letters were sent to all rumour sites who had posted Tiger screenshots AFAIK - including my own.
To post the desktops would quite certainly p** off Apple.

For those that haven't seen it yet, this is the new default background:
(Taken from the Exposé video a apple.com/macosx)

Hmm reminds me of some of the old Mac OS 9 backgrounds.

Attachments

• Tiger Desktop.jpg
    Tiger Desktop.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Heavy Petal 4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 56
The desktops have been on many sites. They're quite good. Here's mine.

dis-a-pier.png

Dis-a-pier..

Tiger desktop picture. AlBook theme, menubar shade, gui shade, some widgets and a blank icon for the Hard drive.

the house of flying daggers trailers and the phantom of the opera trailers. will they be installed with tiger, to show off the massive thing that is h.264?

Dunno doubt it may come as an extra ??

However what happened to the Tiger Styled menu bar !! How come its back to a more aqua panther style?? I really wanted the new menu bar without resorting to shapeshifter etc. Anyone shed some light ??

It's definitely different from Panther's menubar. You'll have to look at it before going back to using some theme. I think Tiger's theme is much better than Panther's.

It doesn't really look that different to Panther's though fryke, but is the one that was in all of the screenshots awhile ago and at the Macworld 05 - is that still in Tiger or is it this more bland/panther aqua styled menu bar. Maybe Apple has given user's two choices.... doubt it.

No stripes at all. Just the two-gradient grey menubar. What's _not_ in is the blue/grey (depending on choice) background of the Apple and Spotlight logos. That was too distracting anyway (and Apple thought so, too). The _choice_ for the user is the same as in Panther: Aqua Blue or Graphite.

Dam, so there not including the Blue/grey background of spotlight and the apple logo at all in Tiger ? Since they have already made it why didnt they (if they havent) include it anyway.. I wouldn't find it distracting at all, i think the panther styled menu bar is way too bland and boring even the new tiger menu bar is.

Yes, but exactly for people like you there's Shapeshifter. For all the others, a "dull" interface means it doesn't get in the way.

fryke said:
No stripes at all. Just the two-gradient grey menubar. What's _not_ in is the blue/grey (depending on choice) background of the Apple and Spotlight logos. That was too distracting anyway (and Apple thought so, too). The _choice_ for the user is the same as in Panther: Aqua Blue or Graphite.

wait, so are you saying you CAN or CAN'T change the apple logo and spotlight search to gray? you say both in that post...

"What's _not_ in is the blue/grey (depending on choice) background of the Apple and Spotlight logos. That was too distracting anyway (and Apple thought so, too)"

and then

"The _choice_ for the user is the same as in Panther: Aqua Blue or Graphite"

??? im confused

don't be confused. he meant there are nomore the blue/grey fields BEHIND the apple and the spotlight icons, but you can still, as in panther, change the actuall colour of the apple/spotlight logo.

Ahh... finally back after 2 weeks holiday (without Internet!! argh......) :D

Anyways, here's a nice Tiger Desktop I've found just now.

BTW: Good to be back... :)

Back