Tiger & Hplaserjet1200 & Adobe Not Working

juliez

Registered
Just installed Tiger on G-4.
It works fine with my Epson RX 600.
It works fine with SOME programs (Word) on my HP Laserjet 1200 but I get an error message that it is reverting to the other printer when I try to use the HP in Adobe Reader and InDesign CS.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both printers when i (unsuccessfully) tried to get NAV 9 to work with Tiger.

What should I try next??
_Julie

A recommended shareware program called Printer Setup Repair fixed some unseen permissions and advised me to reinstall Tiger. Then I ran Disk Doctor and Disk Warrior. Now everything works. I was very impressed that an HP Technician called to see if I had it working - I had sent some inquiries to their site.

I have learned that InDesign CS is simply not very compatible with the Epson RX 600. This is a bummer. The best way to print from InDesign to the color printer is to turn the document into a PDF. then I can get all the appropriate screens to choose paper size and type etc - but it is still a GIANT hassle to set the orientation - I waste more ink testing it - if I am not using a standard 8.5x11 page.
During all the reinstalls I lost the Color Management specifications I had set up and i will need to do that again:(

Back