Tiger integration problems with Windows 2003 SBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char

Registered
Hi, there I have a G5 with Tiger and have followed the MS SBS guide to connecting it to a 2003 SBS domain with respect to adding the directory and DNS server etc. However ever there are a couple of issues I can't resolve and would like to. My knowledge of Mac's is limited as I have never really used one except in the last couple of months. The user of the G5 has to gain access to file shares on the Windows network. I have managed to put shortcuts on the desktop. However everytime you open the shortcut for the first time since the G5 has been switched on it prompt for authetication. In the Workgroup/Domain box the Windows domain name comes up and is then precedeed with what only can be described as an Chinese character and then the name of the server it trying to connect to. I have to remove this odd character and the server name otherwise if wont go in correclty into the file share. The second issue is connected with this. I check the tick box to add the correct details to the keychain when they are amended and it never seems to add them to this, and the whole of the keychain is blank. The same applies to Entourage as it asks for authetication and wont let me save the details in Keychain.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back