Tiger is already shipping...

mine shipped from LA yesterday morning, it made its way to Oakland (45 mins from me) late last night. i check this morning, and its in Portland, OR.

go figure.

mine was attempted delivery at my apartment this morning but since i'm at work... yea. i have to head home for lunch today then to the bank, so maybe they left it at the office. Mine left...
CORDOVA TN*
MEMPHIS TN*
HAPEVILLE GA*
MARIETTA GA
ATLANTA GA

That was in one day.

I placed my order on the 22nd.

SWEET! It Departed from Ontario, Ca, then made its way to Los Angeles sort facility, then to Marina Del Rey, and now...ITS ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY!!!! I'm getting it today!!!!!! Yahoo!!! I'll post pictures!

in other news i finally got my drivers permit and am having my first drivers training lesson today.

oh man, i remember my first driver's lesson.....it was pouring, i had never driven before, and the moron took me on the highway, i was gripping the steering wheel so tight the veins were popping out of my arms, and barely broke the 45 MPH barrier :eek:

good luck today!

can anyone tell me if this makes any sense whatsoever? i live 45 minutes from Oakland...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 19
lol kramm get on the phone with fedex or apple (sometimes apple will rush ship it to you). anyway i got back from my drivers training (it was fun, awkward and a bit scary..partly becacuse the dude was jamaican and i understood about 1/16th of what he was saying.)

lucky i had two harddrives, about 4 days ago i cloned my system onto the external and worked off that one...formatted the internal and installed tiger..copied things back, and life is great. tiger...is...amazing..i love it. btw if you could check out my post in the hardware and peripherals that'd be great..after the install my mx700 doesnt accept the new assignments on the customization panel...maybe the logitech control center isnt supported by tiger? (i cant access logitech's website..it seems to load a blank page) any thoughts?

spitty27 said:
lol kramm get on the phone with fedex or apple (sometimes apple will rush ship it to you).
i called FedEx and he told me its normal and "all packages go through Memphis" (which seems really odd). oh well, he told me it'll be here tomorrow. hopefully it doesnt take yet another detour.

Mine still says backordered. However, the guy at the apple store says to check after 6pm tommorow, since I should get an accurate reading then and it should stop saying backordered.

GRRRR. Apply sent me mail this morning saying mine won't ship until May 13th.. and I pre-ordered the day they announced it. GRRRR.

I read the review that's up on Ars Technica. I have to admit, Tiger looks effin' awesome. I think what attracted me the most is they toned down the obnoxious UI. Mail.app looks more comfortable for people use to Outlook or Eudora, and pretty much any email client before the original Mail.app

Just in time too. Got my tax return a week ago and haven't decided what to spend it on yet. Maybe now I know.

I would of thought the Powerbooks would be pre-installed with Tiger. Apple Store still says it comes with Panther. There's no issue with Tiger on a Powerbook, is there?

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but in my Tiger, which shipped from Ontario CA even though I live next to Elk Grove, there is a demo for iWork 05. This should allow those of us with slow macs to see just how slow Pages and Keynote transitions are. I hope.

kramm said:
can anyone tell me if this makes any sense whatsoever? i live 45 minutes from Oakland...

All FedEx express packages go to Memphis even if you send a package to your next door neighbor. That's their central sorting hub.

I have it, installed and am loving it so far. Had Mail and Safari quit on me a couple times, but after a restart it has been fine for about 2 hours now

The lady at UpToDate says mine shipped today via US Mail, but I am lacking in confidence of US Mail and UpToDate. I'll see if it comes Monday or Tuesday.

Just installed Tiger and Im very pleased. Def. worth the $35 I paid for it muahahahaha. But yeah, I love the widgets. Dashboard is very polished and Spotlight is the best.

Back