Tiger-Leopard dual-boot questions

kuroyume

Registered
Since I do development, I want to keep my iMac G5 at 10.4.11 (Tiger) while having 10.5.2 (Leopard) on an external drive for booting and customer support (in the meantime anyways - at some point, I may move the internal to Leopard and keep a version of Tiger on the external drive for customer support).

Sounds none too difficult to achieve this. Attach external drive, insert installation CD, and follow instructions.

One thing that alludes me is the best way to make the applications available on the external Leopard boot. Can I just run them from the internal drive or will they need to be copied/installed on the external as well?

Any really clear and useful resources on this type of thing?

Thanks!
Robert

Hey, i am new to macs, so I'm not a 100 % sure for your case, but i am running leopad on my macbook pro & i like to try different application. So long story in short is that my download folder is on external harddrive & I run application right from its DMG image before i drag it to my application folder. So I guess you should be able to run your applications from another driver no matter its external or your laptop's drive..

Hope that helps..

Cheers..

Guess that I will find out this week. I've just ordered MacOS 10.5.1 online and will purchase a new external harddrive in the meantime. Sounds like I should be able to run the software installed on the internal drive while booted to the external OS which is okay by me. :)

Thanks,
Robert

Back