Tiger Mail and Bcc

PaulHigg

Grounded by depression
Could someone tell if this is normal? If I send out a message and click on some address they automatically go directly to the To: field. Good.

But, when I want to Bcc: to myself, I click in the Bcc: box, double click on my name but it puts it in the TO field!

What gives?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

No, that's not what I mean. Let's say someone sends me an email, then I reply to them. I also want to send it out to others so I click on the address book in mail. Now it shows all my addresses. So, I decide to add some more names. I just double click their names in the address book and they go into the To: field. But, if I want to Bcc: to myself, I click in the Bcc: field, then double click my name, it should put my name in Bcc: but instead it puts in the To: field.

I think that's the expected behaviour. You just drag the things around to the fields you want. You can also drag instead of double-clicking directly from that Address Book window.

Thank you vey much for your help, I appreciate it.

I have however, discovered that if I put the cursor in the Bcc: field to make it active, and hit the P key (P being the first letter of my name) it will automatically fill it in with my name or any other person who's name begins with a P.

Back