Tiger Mail, status bar???

Incubated Funk

Registered
Hi guys

Is there any way to enable the status bar of Tiger mail like you could in the Panther version of Mail?

Im totally lost without it, i have no idea how many emails are incoming or how big they are.... What a stupid decision to remove it.

Alternatively is there anyway to revert to using the previous version of mail under Tiger?

yes yes, OH GOD YES!! It's so annoying!!

::ahem:: sorry.

Apple did away with the status bar in place of the Activity Viewer. you can get it by going to window>Activity Viewer. It will show you the percentage downloaded/uploaded, as well as how many messages are in the queue.

I'd still prefer it to be part of the interface and not in a whole new window, but better than nothing i guess.

I see, thanks for the help.

It is better than nothing but i'd def opt for the status bar aswell. At least you can open this thing and set your screen up so it acts as a status bar!
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I wish they had left the status bar alone when working on Tiger's Mail version... Also, I don't like how the 'Sent Items' and 'Outbox' kinda dynamically change names and functionality. Seems weird.

Back