Tiger & Maya

ThickAir

Pixel Hustler
Hey people

I run Maya 6.0.1 on a Dual 2GHz G5 with 3.5GB RAM. I'm hesitant to buy Tiger until I see how Maya and other graphic and 3D apps perform. If anyone plans to upgrade to Tiger when it's released please post any issues you come across. Thanks

TA

running maya 6.5 unlimited on mac os tiger on g5 2.5ghz with 2.5 gb ram. cant get maya to batch render. but it does render single frames. looks like im going to go back to 10.3 panther.

:mad:

Did you try rendering from command line?

Do a test with command line. Setup a Maya file with mental ray renderer and in terminal type this then drag your file from the finder after "mr" to place the file path.

render -r mr /filePath/mFile.mb

if you want to try a batch with maya software renderer use this,

render -r sw -n 0 /filePath/myFile.mb

Let me know how you fare.

I'm having the exact same problem running maya. Right now I can only single frame render and can't batch render. I don't know my way around in terminal very well but I tried using the command lines posted with no success. So if you have any suggestions please let me know, I'm tempted to reinstall tiger and maya, but I am not sure it will do anything.

If it's MR batch renders that fail, then you might try adding the following line to the end of /etc/services (use vi or pico as root).

mi-ray 7003/tcp # 1 Maya 6.5 plug-in mental ray service

Let me know how you fare.

Cheers

George

i reinstalled tiger using erase and install. i had previously used update.

after doing an erase and install of tiger, and then reinstalling maya, batch rendering works fine.

Hooray!!!! :D

I just bought a new Dual G5 complete with Tiger and I get this same problem. Whatever the output method, Whatever the simplicity of the animation, whatever rendering configuration, It always freezes at some point in the Batch Render process. This happens in 6 as well as 6.5.

Has any one yet figured out what this results from?

I have found the only work around to be to Batch Render with the Maya Software closed. Though this works, it's still fairly annoying!

I dont think a clean install will work for me since this oviously already was.

Back