Tiger not printing to Xerox phaser 3450

fundikali

Registered
Hello everyone,
After looking through the forum and even trying out some of your suggestions I am unable to find a solution to this problem.

I'm using OS X 10.4.2 (fresh install) on a Mac-Mini with a Xerox Phaser 3450 connected via USB.
The printer is fine, it works with several Windows XP machines (also printing to it via USB).

1. I've upgraded the drivers (from the 10.4 dvd - optional/upgrade print drivers).
2. Downloaded and installed a Xerox plugin from their website thats supposed to fix a USB problem. (http://www.support.xerox.com/ , file name: xrx_usb_10.3.dmg). The plugin would not install - there is a red hazard sign that states that it cannot be installed on the media. I've changed every reference of 10.3 to 10.4 and later to 10.4.2 without success.
3. Somone mentioned removing the line with "CUPS filter" from the xerox ppd. I cant find this line in my ppd and therefore I'm assuming that its not
causing the problem.
4. Installed Gimp-print 5 (Guten-Print 5).

None of the above worked.
I cannot print anything (from firefox, safari, pdf preview and even lpr of txt files). The printer queue shows the job, printer spins (ie. looks like its
printing but nothing comes out).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Navraj

Apple supplies a PPD file for the Xerox Phaser 3450. It seems that PostScript 3 is standard across this model family. If your model is the 3450/B or 3450/D, you must connect via USB (or parallel). If you have the 3450/DN, then you have the added feature of an Ethernet connection. If your printer has PostScript, then you do not need to use CUPS because CUPS emulates PostScript via ESP GhostScript.

When asking for help, it is most useful to give the specific model of your printer.

MisterMe said:
Apple supplies a PPD file for the Xerox Phaser 3450. It seems that PostScript 3 is standard across this model family. If your model is the 3450/B or 3450/D, you must connect via USB (or parallel). If you have the 3450/DN, then you have the added feature of an Ethernet connection. If your printer has PostScript, then you do not need to use CUPS because CUPS emulates PostScript via ESP GhostScript.

When asking for help, it is most useful to give the specific model of your printer.

Thanks for your help.
Its a 3450D.

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to OS 10.4.4 and I have lost all printing capability to a Xerox 3450B. Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Is this printer not supported under the new OS?

Back