Tiger on old MACS

bg47

Registered
I'm using Tiger on my new G5 imac and it's great. I wanted to install it on my wife's on CRT imac but it wouldn't install. It said the firmware must be updated, but what firmware? Is there somewhere a firmware package for this machine or do i have to hunt down all the bits and piece. Also, is this a good idea? The old imac only has about 4.5 gigs free. i could maybe dump enough to get up to 5 or so but will my wife have any storage left if i install? Should I just wait a week and get her an new machine? Thanks for your thoughts.

Bart

It is indeed an old slot driven Imac. Thanks for the update location but it seems like the list doesn't go back that far. :(

so thats it then? the last of the beige boxes has been discontinued OS support

am i right in thinking that the only models supported now are the ones directly influenced by jobs's return and later? new age apple, as it were

Yeah, it's only NewWorld Macs that seem to be officially supported by Apple for Tiger.

The beige boxes were offically dropped for support in Panther. In order to get Panther installed on a beige G3 you needed to use XPostFacto.

Brian

Back