Tiger Online Seminar

The email:
Thank you for your recent purchase of Mac OS X Tiger at the online Apple Store. You are receiving this email because your purchase entitles you to attend our exclusive online seminar anytime between April 29 and June 11, 2005. This is the perfect way to introduce yourself to your new operating system and to get an inside look at Spotlight, Dashboard, and other favorites from the over 200 new features in Tiger.

You can attend the seminar starting at 5:30 a.m. PDT on April 29. The seminar streams over the Internet as a QuickTime movie, so you can enjoy it at home, at work, or even wirelessly at your local hot spot.

To view the online seminar, please follow these guidelines:
  • Install Tiger on your Mac
  • Verify that you have Safari (latest version included with Tiger), Internet Explorer 5.0, AOL, or Netscape 7.0; must accept browser cookies
  • Ensure that you have QuickTime 7 (included with Tiger)
  • A fast Internet connection (DSL/cable or faster) is recommended for viewing the streamed video

I got it as well. Have to wait until 5am to see it. :) Plus, you have to have Tiger installed. So... can't wait for FedEx. Hope I don't miss them!!

bizare... but nice on apple's part.

apple probably wont come until mid week. nice birthday present though.

I just got my copy this morning :D Installing now...well it's formatting...13 minutes to go grrrr.

I haven't had any email from Apple yet, let's hope I get one.

lol with all the excitement i didnt read much of the email..scrolled to the bottom and clicked the link

btw if any of you were following other threads, i fixed all my tiger issues!

Scottfab said:
soo... for anyone who didnt pre-buy a copy, can somebody share the link?

It says at the bottom of the email that it's an exclusive link for the person that bought it and you can only view it 15 times. Also that you can not share it with others.

And since you didn't get it from the store, and I'm guessing are not a developer, exactly where did you get it from, hmmmm?

=)

Had mine delivered (Tiger) at 09-30 GMT i am in the UK. Had my e-mail from apple at 05.37 BDT on the 29th inviting me to view the seminar.

:D

Yeah...got that email and am watching..anybody else watching? This guy is kinda funny...the lines are rehearsed but he keeps remembering what he wants to say after he finishes his sentences. Having watched the spotlight demo i have a new appreciation for it..its pretty damn cool, however, it's NOT as fast as he shows it...I have a darn 1.8ghz g5 with 1.5gb of ram and it still takes some time...completely staged when they show it off...

Btw: what keyboard is he using? hmm... doesnt look like the apple white keyboard.

QT7 is also really cool...

Yep I watched it. Spotlight definitely isn't as fast as they make it appear. But I will be upgrading to a 10,000 rpm SATA on my dual 1.8Ghz G5 (2GB ram) so I bet it'll be about that fast :D

That's definitely a normal Apple keyboard. It's got the 2 USB ports on the back like it should: http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

My Spotlight works super quickly.

I haven't watched the seminar yet, I've had the email sitting in my inbox for 2 days. It'll probably suck over 56k anyway. Anything good?

I've only got Tiger on two boxes so far. Both run Spotlight instantly.

DP 2.7 G5 (damn well better be instant)
DP 1 GHZ G4

I'll be putting it on an iBook and an SP 466 G4 this weekend. We'll see.

Back