Tiger + Psc 750

Trubey

Registered
Strange things happen in this world (from a 1960's song)

When I upgraded to 10.4.x, I developed the following problem with my printer, a HP psc 750 All-in-One. It only affected my printer, not the scanning function. I tried Apple tech support who went through the resetting routine said it was an HP problem. HP email help was contacted. I followed their fix routines x 2, but the printing works for awhile, then reverts to the problem again within the day. I used the utility Printer Setup Repair, and the same result occurred. Gimp Print does not have a driver for this machine.

My questions are, have you heard of this particular problem before? Do you have a fix? ...and if there is not a reliable fix, which of the currenly purchasable All-in-Ones might be a good replacement and work reliably with 10.4/Tiger?

Here is what happens.

If I reinstall the most recent driver, the printer works like a charm for about half a day. Thereafter, it relably tries to prin,( ie., the progress bar in the priint monitor advances perhaps halfway,) but then the print job shifts into "Job Stopped" mode. If I reactive the print job, it does the same thing again. Restarting the computer and the printer does not remedy the situation. The Printing reset procedure and reinstall of the driver fixes it for half a day, then it reverts once again to the Job Stopped mode regularly.

I am printing through a direct USB connection--no networking.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

(I copied and pasted this question from another source!!!)

Back