Tiger Question

dick

Registered
Hello good people!

I have two questions:
What is the dialog box: "World Leaks. The following world leaks were detected (the check is done when all browser windows are closed).
1 webframe object
Please write a bug report about this, along with reproducable steps is possible."

And secondly, I had difficulty in sending an email (now resolved) and the help suggested I turned off the firewall. In doing so I got into a program call Console which kept adding this message
"Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717" every half second or so. I cleared them but new ones kept rolling in.

Regards

Dick is sunny Australia

I have two questions:
What is the dialog box: "World Leaks. The following world leaks were detected (the check is done when all browser windows are closed).
1 webframe object
Please write a bug report about this, along with reproducable steps is possible."

What browser are you using, and what do you do to make the dialog appear? This is a fault in the code for the browser, meaning that in some circumstances part of the memory allocated to store a webpage can overflow, causing the page to disrupt the fabric of time and space, thus causing a paradox that could cause your entire computer - or even the entire world - to cease to exist.
Have you submitted a bug report about it? The world ceasing to exist could be a problem...

And secondly, I had difficulty in sending an email (now resolved) and the help suggested I turned off the firewall. In doing so I got into a program call Console which kept adding this message
"Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717" every half second or so. I cleared them but new ones kept rolling in.

This is caused by an unknown device being plugged into your Mac. Try unplugging devices (scanners, cameras, printers) one at a time, reboot, and see if you still get the message. Once you've found out what device it is thats causing these errors, you could look for drivers or updates for that device that should resolve the issue.

Safari in OS Tiger. The dialog seems to appear when I close boxes. I am a low internet user so I would think memory is not a problem thus allowing me to continue in this world, especially as I know the answer (42).

I have a printer, scanner and keyboardnmouse connected to the USB ports - nothing has changed since I bought my eMac some eight months ago.

Thanks for your attempt to help a user not a techo!

Dick

1 webframe object

Nothing to worry about.
I would suggest turning off the option you have selected in the Safari Debug menu.

Make sure you have "Always Check for World Leaks" unselected.

Back