Tiger server upgrades loses account access

BJL

Registered
I just upgraded a server from 10.2.8 server to 10.4 server, using the simplest upgrade method with all default options: now no user accounts are accessible except the main admin account. The old account information can still be seen in Netinfo Manager by going to the top level domain "/", but the system seems to be using what is seen at the next level down, "/<servename>".

One weird thing is that the groups at that level "/<servename>" do include all locally created groups.

Nothing I have tried in Workgroup Manager helps. One promissing option in the menu under the little globe, which sound like it might allow typing a domain name, gives an error message.
 

Kees Buijs

Registered
BJL said:
Nothing I have tried in Workgroup Manager helps. One promissing option in the menu under the little globe, which sound like it might allow typing a domain name, gives an error message.

May try to export all accounts, change to e.g. LDAP and import them. Most information should be restored, except passwords. Do the same for the groups. Might give you a (ugly) solution.


Goodluck, Kees
 
Top