Tiger

jesz

Registered
I recently built a couple of new G5' with Tiger OS, for our Marketing dept. In the process of the build, I joined them to our domain, and it appeared that everything connected properly and log-ins were working great. However, when I moved them to the marketing area and set them up, they lost the ability to log on as a network user user. Originally the log-in screen showed macadmin, marketing (local log-in) and other for the network accts. Now I only have the macadmin, and marketing accounts showing up, and I have a couple of rather upset people who want to be able to access their accounts. I did try to unbind, rebind, reboot several times, but other is still not showing up. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can fix that?

Have you tried changing the login setup to ask for a username to be typed instead of the list of users? That might work since it would force the Mac to use that name from the domain.

The only problem is, we have well over 700 pieces of equipment, both MAC and PC, and we try to keep everything as close to being the same as possible, simply because it keeps things much simpler for maitenance, trouble-shooting and what-not. In other words we want all the log-in screens to look similar. I did try to change it from list of users to username and password, and it would go through to a new screen offering 2 different log-in options with the same name. It is a bit stupid I realize, but when I'm running from 1 comp to another, I would like to be able to do a simple log-in without having to take any extra steps.

Back