timsieved error??

garymum4d

Idiot
I have been running our Xserve as a mail server for a while. I installed the timsieved, AvelSieve and BDB packages and set up the vacation feature in squirrel-Mail and it has all been working fine until now. All of a sudden, when logging in to Squirrel-Mail and selecting the filters tab I got the following error
"Could not log on to timsieved daemon on your IMAP server localhost.
Please contact your administrator. "
So I downloaded all the latest versions of the above packages and tried to reinstall them all, but the Timsieved.pkg will not install. I manually deleted the Timsieved file from /usr/bin/cyrus and re-installed using Pacifist. This did install the files but it's still not working. If I type "telnet localhost 2000" in Terminal, all I get is:-
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
I have checked all the permissions on my Sieve directory and made sure that the line "sieve 2000/tcp # Sieve mail filtering" is uncommented in the /etc/services file.
I must stress that this was all working fine a few weeks ago and I do not know exactly when it stopped working.
As a novice to UNIX/Terminal, I have not got a clue what to do next. Can someone please help?

Back