Titanium 500 LCD Flickering

z4ph0d

Raving Mad Mac Evangelist
My dear Titanium Powerbook G4 (aka Marvin) has a sick LCD screen. In the lower left corner, the screen's contrast seems to flicker rapidly. I know the connector cables run through the left hinge. Might this cause the problem? Has anyone else experienced this?

I know I have a "personal" relationship to by TiBook but hey, thats just healthy ain't it? Its my little baby... :p

My baby TiBook 500 is doing fine. Maybe you dropped your baby on its head?It's times like this you wish you had AppleCare. I'm still crossing my fingers.

-Rob

This baby is handled better than Posh-spice's undies ;-)

Might be a wear-and-tear damage from opening/closing the lid. Its about one year old (I was the third person i .no to get a TiBook :cool: )

If it's still under a year old, it's still covered under AppleCare. You just have to take it to an authorized place like the Apple Store and they'll check it out. It's probably a loose connection, wires to break/loosen after a while.

i've had four pb g4s -three were 1st gen. 400mhz units and all developed flickering screens in the lower left corner. Apple replaced the LCDs on all of them but it tunrned out that it was a common problem with the inverters of the first generation pb g4s so that didn't help. Finally Apple gave me a new 550mhz pb and it hasn't developed any flickering at all. I guess they fixed it.

It's the inverter - trust me. Apple will exchange it. Just make sure they don't replace the LCD as a fix - it won't do it! Tell them it's the inverter!

Huh... mine seems to have this problem too, but it only happens every once in a while... very rare.... but maybe I will get it replaced.... (And although it's over a year after purchase, I have the extra 3-year Apple Care)... I'd hate for the "inverter" to get worse...

I don't think it gets worse, at least it didn't with my powerbooks. It was the same for me: it didn't flicker all the time. In fact the first time it happened I called APple and when I was on the phone it stopped flickring so I told them it was fine. THe next morning though....

Good luck!

Back