cache (DDR SDRAM) (4.), 512 MB of PC-133 SDRAM, a 30.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 (4800
RPM) hard drive, a slot-loading 8X/8X/8X/24X DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, an ATI
Mobility Radeon 7500 (AGP 4X) video controller with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM, and
optional AirPort wireless networking. The PowerBook G4 DVI series shares the
same stunning 1-inch thick Titanium case, full-size keyboard, and
lightweight power adapter as earlier PowerBook G4 models, but adds faster
PowerPC G4 processors with level 3 cache, a higher-resolution 15.2" TFT
widescreen display (1280x854), a faster video controller with more VRAM, and
a DVI port. Custom configurations were also available. AirPort 802.11b built-in - OS X 10.2.6

Price: 2700$ CAN - None Negotiable

Reason of selling: Plan to purchase a G5 or a 17" tibook - Reply directly for response.

***Curious or forum freaks, keep your comments for yourself. Thank you.***

As of 09.27.2003 @ 19:50hrs EST, that's $1933.27 in USD.

It means your dollar is different than ours.

The 1933.27 is the amount an American would send you. In turn you'd bring it to the bank and they'd convert the currency to your 2700 CAN price. ;)

Dude, there is no freakin way your PB is even close to being worth what you are asking for it!

-off topic-
Johnny, if everyone would do so, there won't be so many posts. ;) including mine too, of course! :D
I think we should let ppl express their opinions and when they are wrong, we should prove them wrong and not forbid them to talk...

that is why you should get informed before you post a useless comment. Including yours Sam. It's nice to create threads but they should be relevant.
It's nobody's business to comment on someone's ad to sell a laptop. If you are not interested, please go to the next ad and do us and yourself a favour by avoiding wasting people's time.
Thank you for reading.

Actually Grep, that is about the average price for that powerbook. Please keep your comments to yourself unless you are informed.

That price is way too high. Just go to ebay, or the Apple Store Specials to see much better prices.

Apple Store Refurbished;

PowerBook G4 867MHz/256MB/40GB/Combo/E/12"TFT - Refurbished $1,199.00

PowerBook G4 867MHz/256MB/40GB/SuperDrive/E/12"TFT - Refurbished $1399.00

These are both faster machines and have a full one year Apple warranty.

See Boeing777?
Sometimes some comments are more true than you expect. It is worth to be read.
This is still a forum and not just a market, dude! Remember this

remember what I wrote Sam?
It's nobody's business to comment on someone's ad to sell a laptop. If you are not interested, please go to the next ad and do us and yourself a favour by avoiding wasting people's time.
Thank you for reading.

It's nobody's business to comment on someone's ad to sell a laptop

This is an open forum for all members. Anyone is free to make comments in any forums as long as it is appropiate, which, in this case, it is.

avoiding wasting people's time

Definitely not wasting anyone's time if it helps getting a better deal on something. We're here to help each other.

If you don't want anyone to make comments on your posts, don't post. This is what a forum is for.

I agree with bobw. You get comments when people are interested in what you sell, not because they want to waste time.

As a side note, the Macs are more expensive in Canada and US. Your Powerbook may be a far better deal for a Canadian than it is for someone in US. Good luck selling it.

Bobw, my ad is for Canadians member of this forum and you should know that since I stated the value in Canadian dollars.

>>If you don't want anyone to make comments on your posts, don't post. This is what a forum is for.<<

And earlier you wrote >>We're here to help each other<< - Please, Don't contradict yourself so obviously cause you are not helping me here.

Thank you Giaguara for your very balanced comment. - I wish Bobw knew the Canadian market before his "kind" attempt to help.

Regards

$1933.27 is the equivalent of Canadian 2700.
So, regardless of any argument you have, who you're trying to sell to, where you're trying to sell, you're asking too much money for your machine.

When someone posts something for sale, and other members think the price is too high, and can point to a better deal, then I believe that's helping the forum members.

There are a lot of people that know nothing about looking for the best deal, or what your machine is actually worth and would think your deal is a good one, when in fact, it isn't.

If you want to sell your machine whithout any feedback from other people, then you should list it for sale on ebay, or another auction site., but definitely not on a forum.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_667_dvi.html

this site is a reference for me as it's been in the past.
I have not reported an unwanted posting to the moderator to have a moderator posting more unwanted messages.

If I've posted in this forum it's because I'm entittled to do so and I'm not asking you for your advise to point me to eBay. By the way, for whom are you a moderator? eBay or Macosx.com???

Please, stop wasting my time. As a "super" moderator you're trully being argumentative on this.

This is a free market, the price tag is displayed, if you think it's expensive don't buy it. If you want to help those who know nothing about looking for the best deal, then you should be creating a new forum and I'm sure you'll be good at it.

If this place for "classified" isn't the right place to put an ad then why on earth does it exist and why members have posted items to sell in here?

I have stated in my ad that I didn't wish to have unwanted comments. I want you as a moderator to make sure I don't have unwanted messages. IF someone isn't interested. MOVE ON and go to the next ad.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...g4_667_dvi.html
this site is a reference for me as it's been in the past.

Exactly, just a reference. A little searching will tell you your price is too high, just what I've done and others.

I have not reported an unwanted posting to the moderator to have a moderator posting more unwanted messages.

If you don't want unwanted posts, you should not post to an open forum. The definition of Forum is a discussion group on a particular subject. In this case, the machine you're selling.

If I've posted in this forum it's because I'm entittled to do so and I'm not asking you for your advise to point me to eBay. By the way, for whom are you a moderator? eBay or Macosx.com???

Yes, you are definitely entittled to post in this forum, just as I and others are entittled to respond to your post, whether it is to say that's a good price, or hey, you can get a much better deal from this company.
I'm a moderator on macosx.com, not ebay. The two are not related.

Please, stop wasting my time. As a "super" moderator you're trully being argumentative on this.

I've posted to this because there are much better prices available for a newer machine with full warranty, not to piss you off. Open forum, remember, free speech and all that. I'm not the one wasting your time.

If this place for "classified" isn't the right place to put an ad then why on earth does it exist and why members have posted items to sell in here?

This is the correct place to post an ad to sell something, keeping in mind that it is a Classified Forum, where anyone can post comments on the item for sale.

I have stated in my ad that I didn't wish to have unwanted comments. I want you as a moderator to make sure I don't have unwanted messages. IF someone isn't interested. MOVE ON and go to the next ad.

It's not the moderators job to make sure there are no unwanted comments, comments that you may not agree with, only to make sure Board Rules are followed.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just posted that the price you're asking is too high and showing where a better machine can be purchased for less money.

I would appreciate this help if I were buying something.

As I said, I would also post your machine on ebay.com. The way people buy things there, you could get more than what you're asking for it, and no one will be telling bidders they can get the machine elsewhere for less.
Here, we will tell people when there's a better deal somewhere else.

>> I've posted to this because there are much better prices available for a newer machine with full warranty, not to piss you off. Open forum, remember, free speech and all that. I'm not the one wasting your time. <<

Who mentioned "pissing someone off"? Obviously you did haven't you?

Since you're using this word, your mind is set to abide to what it thinks.

your repeated arguments are tiresome.

please, stop "wasting my time" and "PISSING ME OFF" Mr. "super" MODERATOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back