Titanium Spec question

ghyde

CCNA, CCDA
Question:

Does the Combo drive both play -and burn- CD's -and- DVD's?

Is the Airport card the Only wireless card compatable with the Ti?

When the time comes, where's a good place to sell a used Ti?

It plays DVDs and burns CDs. Doesn't burn DVDs, you're thinking of a SuperDrive.

I think so.

Probably ebay is the best place.

1) A "Combo" drive can burn CDs, and read DVDs, but NOT BURN DVDs.
To burn DVDs, you need what Apple calls a "Superdrive"

2) By Apple's defenition yes, but, there are reports that if you buy a Lucent Wavelan card of some sort, and then use some sort of driver that some people have programmed, you could use that, instead. I think the driver is somewhere on sourceforge.net

3) eh.... dunno. eBay?

The others are right about the drive, although other manufacturers call the DVD-R/CD-RW a 'combo' drive, Apple calls it a 'SuperDrive'
However, they are wrong about Airport card. The Powerbook G4 has a PCMCIA card slot, so any PCMCIA wireless card should work with it. There are plenty of these out there, the Lucent Wavelan card is a fairly common one, but there are others.

Is there much of a problem finding wireless PCMCIA cards other than Airport with OS X software (drivers)?

Originally posted by ghyde
Is there much of a problem finding wireless PCMCIA cards other than Airport with OS X software (drivers)?

Hy,

i think there is no Probllem finding a card. I have new PB and at them moment i don´t want to spend so much money for the airport card, exspecialy they could come new ones in the the next months.
So i used my pc card (I´m a switcher) Lucent Technology (Orinoco) Silver Card with the driver from sourgeforce(http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/) there you find a list with supported Cards.

Greedings
Sigi

Okay, here's a 'nother question: Is memory for a 400 mghz Ti interchangable with, say, an 800 mgrz Ti. In other words, is all Ti memory the same (except for the size, or course)?

Thanks...

Back