To all fellow web developers

Back from OS X.
IE 5.1 sees no prob, all works fine....
Omni ... that's all fine scept the menus refuse to scroll down.
The error log says to replace toggleShown with makeShown or something like that...

damn scripting.... your days are numbered!

btw Fahrvergnuugen, what browser on which OS did you use ?
One fo my friends also caught an error...on the second time she visited :eek: !!!

Oh well... no need to get all worked up about this...

Peace and serenity :)

speaking of javascript: I used a script on the intranet page I developed that would use text in the top right corner of the main table to describe the menu items as they were rolled over.

In M$ IE, it worked great - I could even use a dummy tag in the table to stick the text into. However, Netscape was not so nice and when I used the table solution it would show nothing. So I had to manually place the text by pixels (400 or so from the left, and 5 or so from the top), so it would work in Nutscrape, and it did.

Then I checked it on the mac IE (I was the only one in the company using one so it was irrelevant whether it worked or not), and it was about 50 pixels outside my main table to the right!!! Omni of course did not work at all.

strobe is right: JavaScript is best left alone if you care anything about browser compatibility.

Itz The Man: LOL funny site ;) (although the OS section can use more OSs ;) )

Hotani: Maybe omni just doesnt work fully with javascripting ? :confused: I know not (feeling poetic today :p). IT was teh opposite with me. I found a javascript for an interactive menu (have I narated this before ?) that claimer compatibilty in both NN and IE.... it worked great in NN but it was outta whack in IE .... well ... one thing is for sure ... next time I make/find a menu system (probably next year) ... it will be a) a different one b) probably not based on javascripting or java (too slow in my opinion for the web)

Admiral

I am on my win2k with IE 5.50 ... seems to work fine .... oh well ... another glitch to add to the list ;) ... but this is peculiar ... why would it do this??? :confused:

also on I hate linux. com lol :p how drole :p

Back