To clear the record.

YOu assume correctly ed :)
as a matter of fact I moderated nothing :p
I did not see any posts awaiting some sort of approval -- it all looked like usual :-/

On the issue of deleting, I dont like to delete posts. Judging from previous moderation experiences on other boards I find it much more useful to go in and edit out the bad things, lock up the thread and leave a message with a smiley face point to the rules :)

Originally posted by Mindy
This whole thing is amusing. I think it's rather funny that you guys all talk about forgiving Admin as if he was this evil guy. He's always run a very open and honest board, one in which you all thought was cool enough to join. Are you forgetting the point of his post? He's putting aside all the petty and stupid things we've all done and is letting it go. Things like stupid swearing and just stupid stuff in general.

Personally I think it's a mole hill, NOT a mountain! Get on with life! Enjoy the community here - this is a great group of people that are intelligent, articulate (well, some of you are!) and fun.

Again, I say "get on with life!":)

mindy, the whole fiasco had nothing to with the censoring of "bad words" whatsoever. it was about whether criticism of press3 is allowed here or not.
you may want to check this thread ...

sithious is right. Check out my posts. I got royally flamed for telling people to "get a life" and "it's only a discussion forum." But then I found out what was really going on.

And so I had a change of heart. Despite .dev .lqd trying to give me a good kicking ;)

Anyways, get yerself into Herve's bar and grill and see where the fun is... I had no idea how cool it was when I was a regular here, so if nothing else, this whole furore has shown me a new way to waste my time!

:D

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
to ksv and all - i just want to clarify that i didn't delete any of the posts that called these issues in to question. and i don't think Admiral did either.

That's good to hear.
But it was done, and it was done by someone. All my other posts that day came through.

Back