To good to be true? Cheap downloads

reed

Registered
What do you think of this site?

[link removed]

Sounds like pirates.
Speaking of which, are there sites of this kind that are legit. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OEM software can't be sold without the hardware it ships with.

This has all the signs of the software scam signs.

1) Highly discounted Adobe, MS etc software (which is never sold at those prices in retail)
2) Listing OEM software
3) In the contact us section, there is never a street address or phone number. It's either an email or in 90%+ cases email us form. Would you trust buying anything else from the internet if you don't know even in which state they are based?
Those should be more than enough to alert the buyer.

Also if we run whois

Domain Name: PHOTOSHOP-FREE-DOWNLOAD.NET
Registrar: YESNIC CO. LTD.
Whois Server: whois.yesnic.com
Referral URL: http://www.yesnic.com
Creation Date: 08-apr-2008
I would never buy from a company created 2 months ago online, even if I knew where they are based.

::Registrant/admin contact/technical contact etc::
Name : Oksana,KOREN
Email : korenoksana@gmail.com
Address : Pavlovskiy pr-kt 25
Zipcode : 123559
Nation : RU
Tel : (495) 771-61-21
Fax : (495) 771-61-33
For the registrant, there is no city listed. Can anyone tell me how one is supposed to find a place in Russia if you only know the street name? And the country code for Russia sure isn't 495 so even the domain registrant info is invalid.

And since I see on the list of the products some specific software that should not be there, I think I will forward the domain and whois info to my company's lawyers too. :)

Thanks Giaguara,
Just as I thought. I didn't see that it was created two months ago. Nor see the info you found out. Interesting. I don't have a company lawyer. Should Yahoo, etc; be altered too? If so, how?
Thanks again.

I guess the best would be to inform the software companies legal of which the products they are selling. (thus the reference to earlier mention of lawyers)

Back