to upgade computer from version 10.3.9

franklin1950

Registered
I am a new computer user , at the bottom of the learning curve. I have never been a tecnical person. Your patience will be appreciated.
I own a second hand mac power book G4 with a 12 inch screen. I have had to replace the hard drive and added a more memory .

My computers information ;
processor 1.33 GHz PowerPCG4
memory 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
memory DIMMO/BUILT-IN 256MB
DIMMI/J31 1GB DDR SDRAM PC700U-25330

software system version Mac OS X 10.3.9 (7W98)
Kernal version 7.9.0

logs console log 1.8 KB
System log 424.21 KB

I tried to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 . Unsuccsesfuly.
I understand the problem to be , it needs a mac version 10.4.8 or a 10.5.2 and I only have a version 10.3.9

I would like to upgrade this computer if posible so that it will operate the soft ware.
I have google searched for upgrades and found the list confusing and unclear. Your recomendadtion as to a web sight for a download would be much appreciated .

Thank you for you time and effort ,
regards Gordon Mcquaid
franklin1950

You'll have to purchase the upgrade to either 10.4 (aka Tiger) or 10.5 (aka Leopard). I believe one can upgrade straight to 10.5 from 10.3. Either way, once upgraded, you can do Software updates to get it to the correct version.

HTH!

Dale , Mission succesfully accomplished. the mac store installed both the upgrade and ellements 6 . now i have to learn to use all this new tecnoligy and the digital camera. Wish me well and again thank you for your service .
gordon

Hi Gordon, welcome :)
You'll learn fast, that I'm sure about. I hope to see you around for more than just one question... (or answer)

Franklin,

If you could please elaborate a little about how you accomplished the task, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to also upgrade my 2nd hand apple. Thanks!!

Back