Toast 5.2 Update Install Fix ...

keyizm

Registered
for everyone having problems getting the Toast 5.2 update to install, i found ths workaround on www.appleinsider.com that solved my problem. i tried following the tips posted on the Roxio site but they didn't work. i've also tried one or two other work arounds but this seems to be the only one that works for me. enjoy ...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tip from: http://forums.appleinsider.com

Roxio has posted notes about Toast 5.2 problems on a Toast tips page, including an explanation for the sudden-quits issue, which apparently is caused by a silent anti-piracy mechanism:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/toast/toast_top_support_notes.html#TIPS

"Toast updaters check for a valid copy of Toast 5 Titanium, install the updated application, then rename the enclosing folder to the new version number, and leave the previous versions of Toast Titanium intact within the updated folder. The valid serial number from the original application is inherited by the update - no reserialization is necessary. However if you suspect you are having a CD-Key related issue, try the following:

a. Control Click (hold the control button while clicking) on the Toast application, and select the option "Show Package Contents.
b. Open the Contents folder, then the MacOS folder.
c. Delete the rox.dat file.
d. Close all Windows and Launch Toast.
e. Enter your CD-Key and Toast should launch fine.

Note: You must have your valid CD-Key available before deleting the rox.dat file as you will be required to enter it the next time you launch the Toast application . Enter your CD-Key as it appears on the materials that came with your original product packaging. Some CD-Keys begin with 2 characters, while others begin with 4 characters. Both of these formats work with Toast 5.2.

What's new in toast 5.2 ? i can't see what could be updated, my 5.1.3 version works perfectly with no bugs.

actually that's a good question. you can run over to www.versiontracker.com and they'll give you a brief description or .. you can go check it out at the Roxio site yourself. the one nice thing about this updater is that it leaves your previously version installed untouched so if you don't like the updated version .. you can always go back to running your original.

Back