Toast Error

nperjanik

Registered
Hey there!

I've just tried to burn a session (data cd) in toast 5 times and each time i've got this message when it's 'finishing the session':

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x72, 0x03
SESSION FIXATION ERROR - INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION

I tried to burn to a blank cd and a cd with one session already on it. Same for both.

What's the deal?!

So I was trying to burn 4 files so I tried burning them all seperately (4 seperate disk images) and it worked!
??

we need some more data. What os are you using? What hardware?
Right now, I think this might be due to bad media. However, there are few things you should check:
- try different brands of CD-Rs
- try burning over the finder
- repair permissions (desperate step)
- trash the plist from toast
Good luck!

I'm on 10.2.8 with a Dual 1.42 G4. I've been burning with toast 6. Burning onto TDK CDs which I've been using for years without with the rare (one every two months) problem like this. But now it's happening every time I try to burn. I'll get a different brand today and give it a go. I'll try burning from the finder too... Thanks for this...

How do you trash the plist from toast?

I burnt from the finder and it verified then said 'you have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read'

?? What the ??

I switched from TDK cd's to Verbatim and it burnt fine! I've been using TDK's for the last year or so and have got that message only once every 20 cds. I've only had Toast 6 for a couple of months. I guess it doesn't like TDK's.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Happy to hear that. Anyway, trashing plist files is something like putting all settings for the app to default. you will find the plist files of any app you have in the Home/Library/Preferences. Whenever you see a programm behave weird and on another account it actually works just fine, you should trash the corresponding plist file.
Another idea I had: repair permissions. This helps as well. But since you found the source of your probs...

Back