Toast for OSX is finally here!

THANKS!!!!

i've been anxiously waiting for this one!

oh boy, a new toy. probably not enough to distract my thoughts from new mac models, but still....:)

Haven't had much time to look it over, but so far, the only improvement over the beta that I spotted is support for burning DVDs. And since I don't have a DVD burner...
:(

Ah, but a quick look @ the readme shows that imaging/copying is back in... hooray! I don't keep any original CD's in the car, and the CD -> MP3 -> CD is less than optimal. Even with "no gap" between tracks, there is a (brief) gap. Good stuff...

Besides, it's free, and the old version is due to expire soon (Feb 1, I think), so what's the problem??? :)

Wow, it IS like Xmas. Yesterday, iPhoto. Today, Toast. Wonder what's coming tomorrow.... ;)

still haven't tried it it but it looks like the erase function is back. i haven't needed in a while but it's nice to know it is there again. actually appears to be the fully functional version, just like the classic app.
did anybody else do both installs - osx and classic? i did classic first and then it launched in classic when i booted back to x. a second install in x solved that.

Does anyone have an old Teac 55S SCSI burner and got it to work. Even with the elgato SCSIHelper, Toast 5.1 doesn't recognize the burner. ASP "sees" the burner.

beefpile

I guess it's that thing with the MMC standard. But you cann read that in the ReadMe that comes with the SCSI Helper. My Yamaha 8424 is finally now supported and even iTunes burnes music CDs. This was not the case with 10.1.1.

Yes, it must be the MMC thing. I also use 10.1.2. But I thought that my burner isn't too old. That's bad. So I still need OS9 on my machine, for CD burning and my music software.

beefpile

Back