Toast won't launch.

Stellor

Registered
I just installed Toast Titanium 5.1.3 on my G5 DP 2 Gig - 1.5 Gig ram, Panther 10.3.2, when I double click on it the tool bar changes for a second and immediately goes back to the finder. If I insert a blank CD nothing happens. Where do I start looking ?

Sam

have you tried re-installing? if you havent I'd delete all the files associated with toast( including the .plist files in your prefs folder) I would also check to see if there are any available update you can run on it after you install it.

Yes, I've reinstalled it 3 times. It works fine on my G3 running Jaguar 10.2.8.
Thanks for the reply, I'll double check to make sure everything is deleted and try again.

Sam

Run Disk Utility to verify and repair permissions. Then Toast will open for you.

After any kind of major install - update or archive and install, you need to repair permissions. The installer assumes the owner is System. You - as owner/admin (which is what you are if you are the only user/first user) must verify and repair permissions (Disk Utility in the Utility folder) so the system is told who is the real owner.

You should be running Toast with the latest update installed. I am running Panther (10.3.2) with Toast 6. and No problems.

Back