Today the World is fighting back at 419!

First thought: 419? 419? Why 419? How come ONLY 419 scammers? You can find that amount of scammers in [insert city here] in ebay! 419 in the name does not seem to make any sense - at least I refuse to believe there would be only that amount of scammers in the net .. think about it, there are hundreds of millions of people out there.. I'm sure even AOL has to deal with that amount of them daily.

Hi G.
Giaguara said:
First thought: 419? 419? Why 419? How come ONLY 419 scammers? You can find that amount of scammers in [insert city here] in ebay! 419 in the name does not seem to make any sense - at least I refuse to believe there would be only that amount of scammers in the net .. think about it, there are hundreds of millions of people out there.. I'm sure even AOL has to deal with that amount of them daily.

You did not read the artist's http://www.artists-against-419.mugus.com/fraud.shtml web site ...
In modern times this form of fraud has become a major 'industry' in Nigeria, so much so that it is now commonly referred to as "Nigerian Fraud", even when perpetrated by citizens of other countries. Another common name is "419 fraud"; after Section 419 of the Nigerian Penal code, the section that specifically prohibits this type of crime. Whereas they originally sent handwritten letters with forged postage stamps, they now make use of the Internet to reach their victims.

See ya...

(now I'm going home)
Kisses (and strawberries) to you ::love:: _

I'm trying to think if there is a way to set up something with PHP that runs on my web server to help with that. I have loads more bandwidth there than here, and it's not getting used...

just kidding :)

Back