Tomcat hosting

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
A friend and I are going to be starting a project soon. I've been trying to figure out what platform to develop for and right now I'm leaning heavily towards Java. I like the flexibility, the amount of free libraries that can consumed without having to recompile an apache module *cough* PHP *cough*. PHP is alright, I've done plenty of stuff in it but when a host is controlling the environment I can't just recompile it to add support for X like I can on my own box. JSP also has a lot of nice features that make my life easier; Custom tags and Expression Language mainly. .NET is alright too but I like using my Mac and I don't currently have a copy of Visual Studio so that makes it more expensive (I don't think the express version would work out).

Anyways, the problem with doing Java is it seems, for whatever reason, to be more expensive. The best deal I've found so far is from the DailyRazor. Although it seems like a pretty killer deal, I still can find cheaper PHP packages.

Does anyone know of any good, best cost (cost / features) hosts that offer Tomcat 5.5.x hosting? Obviously it needs to have a database as well, but I'm not too picky about that. MySQL/PostgreSQL/MS SQL/Oracle/DB2/Whatever would all work fine.

I'm not asking for you to do research for me, just any suggestions from experiences etc. :)

Actually I setup a server a couple months ago. The server is sorta in my "testing" phase so I am not charging for hosting right now.

So at least untill '07 everthing is free.

Just PM me and I'll give ya more info.

This is also an invite for all. I want to see how the thing is going to perform under a real world situation. As of right now everything 100% stable.

10gigs of space, 100gigs of bandwidth, unlimited java, mysql and email accounts.

Back