Tony Hawk 2 and OSX

digital919

4down Productions
does anyone know how i can get tony hawk to run in a window and not full screen....so that i can still run my system without th2 taking it completely over?

As a beta tester of THPS2, I *used* to know this. However, since I have not played the game since FC, I forget. Let me talk with my "contacts" (;)) and get back to you on it.

Hey, Im thinking about buying this game for OSX but Im just wondering how it works? I have the game (a burned copy) for os9 or playstation (I use Virtual Game Station in os 9) but I am conserned about the controlls, can I use my gravis game pad?

This game sounds like it would really suck if I have to use my keyboard!

Originally posted by MacSub
I have the game (a burned copy) for os9 or playstation (I use Virtual Game Station in os 9)

Well, using piratated software is not encouraged, THPS2 for Mac was made in Carbon so it can be used nativley in OS X. The controls aren't that bad with the kayboard (unless you are on a laptop) and you get used to them, but you might want to get a gamepad of some sort.

I don't have a pirated version of THPS2, just a burned playstation game that my friend gave me, so it only works on playstation or using Virtual Game Station on my Mac in OS 9, in any case I love OS X and I would more than likely purchase THPS2 for OS X if you are recommending it, I just can't get over how in the world you could do all those tricks using a keyboard...isn't it very slow and difficult to create good tricks on a keyboard?
I'm willing to give it a try!
As far as pirated software goes, I too agree that we shouldn't steel software...NOW LOWER THE PRICES! ITS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THPS2 OR OSX OR ANY OF THE OTHER APPS I BUY, ANYTHING OVER 200BUCKS IS WAY OVER THE TOP FOR SOFTWARE THAT IS GOING TO BE OUTDATED IN A YEAR ANYWAY. EVEN SHAREWARE APPS, LIKE MIKE'S MARBLES...$25 WAY TO HIGH, ID RATHER SPEND IT ON THPS2. AND I WILL, that is if you highly recommend it!

I can't get to the game in OS X. I skip through the half-dozen intro movies and then my mac freezes with a green screen when the game menu is supposed to come up. What can I do?

Originally posted by sudama
I can't get to the game in OS X. I skip through the half-dozen intro movies and then my mac freezes with a green screen when the game menu is supposed to come up. What can I do?

I have a similar problem. When I try to launch the OSX version it starts up and then quits out with an unknown error. :( Alice does the same thing for me. However, if I boot into 9.2.1 I can run and play both fine.

I have all the latest software updates, etc., on a Blue G3 350 512MB RAM. Any help would be great as the Aspyr website blows.

Thanks!
--Larry

I got a problem, every time I try to log onto a network with the X-version, the game freezes and I have to reboot the entire thing...runs fine in OS 9.2 though

TH2 runs fine for me, on my iMac DV SE 500 and X 10.1.1.
And it is possible to use a gamepad for TH2.
Its no build in supoort, but u can use GamePad Companion to play TH2. :)

Hey i have the cd for thps2 and it works great in os9 but i cant seem to get it to mount or unstuff in osx? why not anyone know, as i hate usin os9, but love osx..any ideas?
thx

Answer To:

Question 1: You don't need it to run in a small window, while in THPS2 just press "Command+Tab" and you can run around through your apps like that, It's what I do, and it works fine on my SE G3 iBook.

Comment 5: Calm down, don't discuss warez (yes anything you get from your friend is a warez file) and we can all go home happy! :)

Question 2:If you downloaded THPS2 off of Carracho or Limewire chances of it mounting are slim. If you really bought it then try asking the guys over at Asypr, they know it all.

And the answer to all your questions dealing with THPS2...

...Upgrade to OS 10.1. It fixed all my problems with the game. :)

Back