Top 10 Software Programs for Mac

Hey, don't talk about my mamma like that :p j/k

You are probably right (and that office deal IS a good deal.... things that make me go hmmmm) I think it really depends on the environment you are working in. If you are in an office environment then owning....office should be a requirement, however if it is just your home imac email/web machine, do you *really* need it? And the home imac email/web machine is what I *assume* most mac users have. then again, I could be wrong.

Nick

This has been a fun thread. It's fun to see how different users interpret what is important to them and others. I really dropped the ball on a couple, such as forgetting Stuffit Expander and Utility programs. I still stick by Office though, I consider it the number one "must have" like it or not.

As for the $500 rice tag, yeah that's nuts, I'm not spending it for X until I can get some kind of deal.

Originally posted by serpicolugnut
Buy the Word/Entourage SE for $130. If you buy now, you will get a FREE upgrade to Office v. X. Repeat - get Office v. X for $136 by purchasing Word/Entourage SE now, and MS will send you Office v. X for FREE when it's released.

Where did you read this? It says on MS's web page here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/officex/t_buy.asp
that the upgrade is $299, not free.

I also agree that buying Office is a waste of $ for home users. Office is for the office ;)

Back