Toshiba unveils 80GB drives

I'm sure it means that an 80GB iPod Photo will be introduced in about 6 months. The digital library just keeps getting bigger and bigger! You can never have enough space! ;)

RGrphc2 said:
If 40GB is 10,000 songs, and 80GB is about 20,000 songs...i dont know 20,000 songs :confused:
And that's a prime reason why Apple needs to release a video iPod :p (or use these drives in a new kind of amazing gadget).

Kap

I think apple should release a new type of iPOd or gadget thats like those palm computer thingies that you can buy with windows on it. But make it more video and music oreintated. Though, i wonder why apple haven't introduced a product like this yet ...??

Unless you regularly use the music player as a prortible hard drive the majority of consumers are never gonna have a music library that large.

I don't see Apple releasing the 80GB HDD in anything just yet. The iPod Photo is perfectly sized for that use, as is the 40GB iPod 4G. There's just no need for 80GB drives.

Oh, and Smithy, do a search for the Newton. I don't see Apple going and making a PDA at the moment when the market is both flooded and failing. Everyone's going smart-phones now.

Ah ok texanpenguin. I dont see the lounge room thing that microsoft has entered being anything big, i don't think we will see apple lead into something like that. However i would like if the tv acted as a mirror from my mac and i just had a keyboard and mouse, so that i could switch from tv then to my mac instantly. That would be good ;)

I just wish that the iMac G5s had TV tuner cards in them. They're ideal for that sort of thing. Especially if it's HDTV.

Yeeah, that'd be excellent. XP Media Center is a bit horrible as far as ergonomics go, but it has some neat additional features, like Party Mode and the Windows Dancer. Both very cool. Couldn't accomplish those things with my Mac.

Back