Transfer Pics from Mobile Phone

Hughvane

Registered
Sanyo 3100 mobile phone, data cable (USB), BitPim 3rd-party software.

The eMac recognises the camera as an extra drive or volume (or it did) but I'm unable to extract some quite valuable photographs with BitPim.

Does anyone know of software that will effectively make a Sanyo 3100 phone compatible in terms of data transfer to a Mac?

Have you just upgraded to 10.5.2? I lost the ability to connect my camera with the upgrade.

Check Applications/Image Capture and see if your phone is still recognised as a device. In the Image Capture Prefs see if you can choose iPhoto to open when you connect your device. At least this would save them somewhere as a backup.

Have you just upgraded to 1.0.5.2? I lost the ability to connect my camera with the upgrade.

No, MacUpdate had just BitPim 1.0.5_1 (Unofficial). It finds something it calls CDMA xxxxx, which is correct, and then I go to Settings and choose 3100. BP knows the camera is there, although it's flaky, and quits randomly.

Check Applications/Image Capture ... Prefs see if you can choose iPhoto to open when you connect your device.

Those settings are established, but Image Capture tell me there's nothing connected even though BP says there is.

Thanks for your advice.

PS. That header should read Images from Mobile Phone

Last edited:
Back