translucent menu bar os x

imthelaw

Registered
i have a powerbook g4 1.33ghz, running leopard 10.5.7, core image and quartz extreme are both supported, however i do not have the option to make my menu bar translucent. not that its a necessity, but its pretty cool. any ideas?

Well he's my brother, so he does know where it is.
I'm not trying to be a dick, i've made the mistake of not reading the thread fully too.
chill out.

I'm totally chilled, it's winter here in New Zealand. Besides, how could I misread the post, it's three bloody sentences long and at the end of it says, "any ideas".

I'd recommend first repairing permissions and restarting. Or if that doesn't work boot in Single User Mode. One of those just might fix it. See my blog post on it here on both of these procedures:
http://thesalon.blogspot.com/search?q=repair+permissions

Wow. Wish I had been in this thread at the beginning. Could've explained it without the necessity of some kind of ... fight. Generally, it's terribly difficult to remove such an option by hand and unintentionally. So clearly it's a hardware issue. Simply not supported on some graphics cards. You see this happen (a non-seethrough menubar) on _any_ Mac when installing Leopard using the original retail disk (I'm not exactly sure whether this was changed later on with 10.5.4 and 10.5.6 retail disks, but I think so...).

Back