Transmissions downloads

KBug

Registered
I use Transmissions for my p2p needs. When I start Transmission by default all the transfers are paused. To start downloading I will have to click on the 'Resume all Transfers' button. Now, I've created iCal plugin with Automator to automatically start Transmissions at a particular time. It works good by starting Transmissions but all the transfers are paused. Now I need to know how to make Transmissions to begin downloads when I start it.
I used the watch me do thing in Automator to click on the resume button but it doesn't perfectly.

Go to Transmission > Preferences > Transfers and check the "Start transfers when added" box.

I think you didn't understand my problem. That setting is already enabled, and what it does is, it starts the download immediately after you add a new torrent. What I need is : When I start transmission all the transfers are paused, I need them to resume the download when I start Transmission. Downloads should begin when I open Transmission.

Oh, I see.

Do you pause the downloads before quitting Transmission? When I launch Transmission, any torrents that were active when I last quit are automatically started.

Oh yes I pause the transfers before quitting Transmission, thinking that quitting without pausing may case loss of data!! It works like you said but are you sure there is no data loss in doing so ??

Shouldn't. At all. Just quit the app and if you're starting it again, the torrents will start again as well.

Oh yes I pause the transfers before quitting Transmission, thinking that quitting without pausing may case loss of data!! It works like you said but are you sure there is no data loss in doing so ??

I've never had problems with it. I've noticed that when I quit like that, Transmission puts a little "Quitting..." badge on its Dock icon and takes a few seconds to actually quit, so I think it's taking time to clean up.

Back