trouble installing printer on G4 PowerBook

gib8787

Registered
Hello,

I have an HP Deskjet F2200 printer that I use with my other computer. I can't install it on my G4 PowerBook because I am running Mac OS X 10.3.3. (I believe. I'm really new at working with Mac's.) The printer is only compatible with version 10.3.9 and up. Is there anything that I can download to make it work with this computer?

Are there any printers for sale that will work with the older versions of the Mac operating system?

You can go to Software Update and update to 10.3.9. Under the Apple Menu on the top left you will find Software Update, follow the instructions for updating and it will do almost everything for you. Once you have update to 10.3.9 you should be fine.

Thanks for your help. I'm a little nervous about running the software updates because last time that I did, my safari browser stopped working and so did adobe flash. To get my computer working again, I had to erase the hard drive and re-install everything. If this happens again, what should I do?

Well you are stuck in this situation. Just when updating, leave your computer alone, don't run anything, don't turn it off, nothing. It should be fine, especially since 10.3.9 was the most stable release for 10.3.

Let's hope it doesn't happen, because I doubt it will. You might have just needed to update Safari and Flash to get them working again.

Back