Trouble mounting DVD-Rs

metroguy78

Registered
Hi all, First day on here.....

I am having problems since upgrading to Mac OS 10.4.7 that whenever i insert a blank DVD into my Imac G5 2ghz superdrive, it is unable to mount and after 2 weeks it ejects. I have tried with roxio toast and other DVD software. Burning CDs works fine though?

I have tried rebooting the PRAM, restoring the permissions and unplugging the mac for 5 minutes with no luck....:'(

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance....Chris

Hi all, First day on here.....

I am having problems since upgrading to Mac OS 10.4.7 that whenever i insert a blank DVD into my Imac G5 2ghz superdrive, it is unable to mount and after 2 weeks it ejects. I have tried with roxio toast and other DVD software. Burning CDs works fine though?

I have tried rebooting the PRAM, restoring the permissions and unplugging the mac for 5 minutes with no luck....:'(

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance....Chris

What brand of DVD-R are you using?

that I am using is TDK DVD-R.

I have tried using maxell DVDs also and still the same problem.

I am thinking it is an issue with theupdate operating system as i have burnt on these disc only 2 weeks ago fine before updating?

Thanks Bob, i have re installed mac os 4, still no luck. then updated to the 10.4.7 still no luck... pulling my hair out now.... stupid thing :eek:(

seems there are plenty of others with this problem, some having to replace their superdrives... I hope i dont have to do that but not one of the tens of posts about this have mentioned a working fix :eek:(

that I am using is TDK DVD-R.

I have tried using maxell DVDs also and still the same problem.

I am thinking it is an issue with theupdate operating system as i have burnt on these disc only 2 weeks ago fine before updating?

I've not tried those disk manufacturers, but I've had nothing but trouble with Memorex DVD-Rs.

Back