Trouble synching with Razr

Ynought

Registered
I'm having trouble synching with my Razr. I haven't had problems before but today it just won't happen. It seems to happen when snyching the 'events' (after snynching the 'contacts'). Again, I've not had problems before. I thought it might be that the memory on the phone was full so I changed 'delete events after' to 4 weeks instead of 8. The error I get is below. I'm hopeless (dramitic) with out my phone calendar as it's with me more than the computer. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Edit: I restarted both the phone and the computer without luck

"There was an error pushing some changes to the phone. The synchronization may have been cancelled on the phone.
Device "Boosie" synchronization failed"

(PowerBook G4, OSX 10.4.8)
(iSynch Version 2.3 (500.86))
(Motorola V3)

Thanks in advance

This seems to only add previously incompatible phones rather than any kind of real *repair*. Like I said, I've been able to sync before.

Two things: Have you repaired permissions on your computer? When did you update your system to 10.4.8?

I haven't intentionally repaired permissions on my computer and am not sure when I updated to 10.4.8.

Edit:Also, I'm trying to sync with iCal whereas the article you linked describes problems with Datebook. Is Datebook used by iCal? I'm not sure what Datebook is.

I haven't intentionally repaired permissions on my computer and am not sure when I updated to 10.4.8.

Edit:Also, I'm trying to sync with iCal whereas the article you linked describes problems with Datebook. Is Datebook used by iCal? I'm not sure what Datebook is.

I think that they're referring to Datebook on the phone. This must be the calendar app that Razrs use.

Datebook, as I mentioned in my post, is on your phone.

Run repair permissions now and all might be well. Check the other links I posted as they have better information than the first link I gave you.

It looks like I updated to 10.4.8 on the second of this month (i.e. Oct. 2, 2006). Might that be the problem? If so, can I rollback to 10.4.7?

Datebook, as I mentioned in my post, is on your phone.

Run repair permissions now and all might be well. Check the other links I posted as they have better information than the first link I gave you.

I'm sorry, how do I repair permissions?

Edit: repairing permissions now.

It's possible, but try the other things I mentioned first (repair permissions on mac, turn off Datebook on your phone) before trying to rollback to 10.4.7.

I don't think that you can rollback to an earlier version (short of re-installing), and even if you could, it probably would not be a good idea, as you'd create new problems.

Repair permissions: apps/utilities/disk utility/repair permissions

If that doesn't work, start in Single User Mode and do a root repair: restart and hold command + s till black screen with white text pops up/type fsck -f/type reboot when process is finished/restart

Repair permissions: apps/utilities/disk utility/repair permissions

If that doesn't work, start in Single User Mode and do a root repair: restart and hold command + s till black screen with white text pops up/type fsck -f/type reboot when process is finished/restart

Got it. What about turning off datebook? How do I do that?

Repairing permissions rarely fixes a problem, so no surprise there. What happens if you try to sync with no items in your calendar, and quit out of datebook in the Razr?

not sure how to do that. I don't know how to make 'no items in my calendar' other than deleting them (don't wanna do that) and don't know how to 'quit out of datebook'. If you can "explain it to me like I'm a four-year-old" ( (c) Denzel) I might could give it a shot.

Well, one easy way to do that would be to create a new account, and sync with that. The new account will have no calendar items, obviously. I'm unfamiliar with the Razrs, but I guess if the screen doesn't show something with calendar events, you're out of datebook.

Back