Trouble with Preview

Elonil

Registered
Please help if you can. Whenever I click on preview to see a file before it prints Adobe Reader opens instead of the Preview application. This just recently started to happen. I do not recall making any changes anywhere (tho' I obviously must have). I would really like to get back to Preview opening my files instead of Adobe. It happens in every application I use. Is there some place I can reset Preview as the default? I can't seem to find any place to make that choice. Any help at all would be appreciated. School has started I need to print pages for classwork and Adobe does not show a true preview unless it is a PDF. I am using 10.24 on an iMac. Thanks in advance for any help.

Elonil,
Find a PDF file (or whatever you want to change), select Get Info from the File menu. Under 'Open with' change the application to Preview and click 'Change All'. This should change all PDF files so that they open with Preview.

Thanks, however it happens when I go to print preview even with my appleworks files and I want to open the files with appleworks and just preview them for printing before I print. Up until a few days ago Preview opened from them from my print menu but now Adobe does it instead. No matter what kind of file I try to print the preview is always in adobe. My computer never uses Preview for anything any more. If I want to preview a page off the internet it comes up as an Adobe. It used to come up as a Preview. I rarely get stuck like this as I have been using an Apple or a Mac continuously since the IIe. But this problem has me stumped. I tried what you said with a PDF file and that worked but can't do that with a web page. Any other ideas?

I had the same problem, tried the same solution and got the same result.

In the end, I deleted Adobe altogether and haven't had a problem since. It's easy enough to download the basic Adobe program, if you really need it for some reason.

I have been having a problem with Preview also, however in my case, it has just stopped displaying jpegs. When I drag a jpeg onto its icon in the dock, I get a spinning beach ball, and nothing else.

don't know if these things are related, but also recently all my apps started showing all the chinese and korean fonts in my font list.

And my startup chime recently stopped. I was advised to remove my ram chips one at a time, and when I took the first one out, the chime was restored. But when I put the suspect chip back in, the chime stayed, however it's not as loud as it used to be,

Back