Trouble with "Shift Focus To Menu Bar" keyboard combo

VirtualTracy

Thunderbirds are GO!
I'm using an aluminium keyboard in conjunction with Snow Leopard. I previously used the all white apple keyboard which enabled me to shift focus to the menu bar by pressing the default keyboard combo of Ctrl + F2.

I really want to stick with the more modern aluminium keyboard BUT there doesn't seem to be any way to enable the same "shift focus to the menu bar/dock etc" regardless of me even creating my own keyboard combo for this under "Application Shortcuts" and then disabling the combo listed under "Keyboard & Text Input" in Sys Prefs/Keyboard/Keyboard Shortcuts.

I have "All Controls" enabled but this has no effect on things.

I realise the Aluminium Keyboard had the F1 ~ F12 keys assigned to System function and this is more than likely the culprit but is it possible to get around this and is there any clues as to why I can't create my own combo for this?

I've tried Googling this but can't seem to search out the right kind of info as it's just supposed to work.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Okay then ...

Can someone please take the time out to give this a try and confirm that it is/isn't possible to reassign a new keyboard shortcut for "Shift Focus To Menubar" on the Apple Aluminium keyboard and that it's not just me who has issues with this ???

In my above post I've outlined the steps I've used to try to get this shortcut to work again on the newer Apple keyboard.

Back