trouble with Toast on iMac.. is it me :( or..???!???

eyedea

Registered
Hi there, just signed up and already learnt tons :) :) :) Thanks ;)

I've recently got a new iMac, 17inch model with the CD/DVD burner and I've got a problem... so I'm hoping that someone out here will be able to give me a push in the right direction.... ;)
Don't like the in-built burner and would like to use Toast as it will allow me to burn sessions... but it won't recogize the burner, saying no recorder found.. :'( I tried to look for preferences or something like that and I feel really stupid but I can't get it to work :'( And I know it is possible...

Any tips anyone...? Please... I'm going mad here....:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks

Do you have the OS X version of Toast?

Check the menu, there is a command that makes it scan for the burner. Do you have a blank CD in the drive?

Cheryl, thanks for getting back to me... :) :)

I have tried it with and without blank CD in the drive and the version of Toast I have is Toast Titanium, version 5.0 which I believe is the one that will work with OS X, is that not right? - Sorry I just tried it again - and it does launch classic and run in there, should still work though, shouldn't it?

The way you asked your question - it seems as if Toast should recognize the burner without any extra settings...? I thought that there must be something I don't know about...

Can you tell which the latest version of toast is?

Thanks ;) :)

Back