troubleshooting repeated hangs at login

Luca

Registered
Hi,

10.3 worked fine about 2 weeks, however for 2 weeks I'm experiencing a pretty annoying system behaviour at login: if I log in right after the login window shows up, I can enter my session normally; but if I wait 30 secs or more, logging in turns to an endless attempt to "Connecting...". Only force reboot works then. Only my admin account suffers from that woe (the other users sessions work fine). The same happens when I log to my session first time, after another user has logged before me - then my session turns to be a uniform blue screen... :-(

I deleted all possible connections and apps launching at start up, repaired permissions, repaired everything, modified "go to sleep settings", reset PRAM, reinstalled Palm Desktop, etc. etc. Nothing works.

Any other ways to troubleshooting (or correcting) this problem would be deeply appreciated!

Note. 10.3 running on G5 1,6, 256 Mb RAM (short, I know, will improve soon...).

The question seems to be to what it wants to connect... I don't think this has to do with login-items or connected servers on login...

Can you create another privileged user and see what happens with this one? Does it act the same?

I'll try tonight once back home, thanks in advance for the tip.

fryke said:
The question seems to be to what it wants to connect... I don't think this has to do with login-items or connected servers on login...

Can you create another privileged user and see what happens with this one? Does it act the same?

Back