Trying and failing with custom icons.

Guzz2k

Registered
So I've come up with some cool icons in Photoshop. Problem is, I can't get the images to translate into proper icons. I've used Iconographer and Pic2Icon--followed the instructions, too--so it has to be the mask. In that case, how do I fix it?

What problem are you having? I use Iconographer and PS, with no problems. Once i make my icon, flatten iamge, select all, copy, paste into the right box in Icono, then do the same with the mask. Open up a icon and see how it looks in iconographer if you haven't done so already.

That's exactly what I keep doing insofar as the image is concerned. It's the mask that keeps getting messed up. Instead of something that looks like the image, it's always this big black square. I guess I don't know how to select the mask itself in Photoshop; that's probably it.

option click the mask section in the layers palette to load a selection of the mask. Then in a new layer fill with the appropriate color, white or black, if the mask is the opposite inverse it. I normally fill with black over a white base layer. Wow, kinda hard to put that into words, I've been doing this stuff too long. I'm still not sure what the problem is, if you could post the icon or something so i can see exactly what you are referring to that would help.

You could take a screenshot of your alpha channel and copy and paste that into Ico, but that's probably too complicated. Dunno. Try dragging your alpha layer onto Ico.

Back