Trying to Delete Firefox

Carol27

Registered
I've been trying to delete Firefox from my MacBook. I followed directions--go to applications; drag Firefox to trash. Doesn't work. I get the error message 61. Help!!! I hate Firefox!! It is blocking all kinds of things. Thank you so much!

Does it complain when you try to delete trash or when you try to move your firefox into trash? If the file is locked, you can try emptying your trash while holding option key. If the file wont move into trash because it's in use, I suggest you check your activity monitor and kill firefox process if it is there.

Thank you for your suggestions Alinaelf. I've done what you suggested but I can't CLOSE Firefox. I can HIDE it but that's it. Because I can't close it I guess I get the the code 61. Something is blocking me (probably Firefox!) from closing it. Frustrating! Any suggestions?

You won't be able to delete it if the application is still running. You'll know that the application is still running because the icon will show on the Dock with a light underneath it. Before Leopard, it used to be a black triangle that indicated the application was running. Try quitting control-clicking on the icon in the Dock and selecting Quit, or Force Quit the application by hitting Command-Option-Escape and force-quitting Firefox (assuming that it's running but not responding). Worse comes to worse, logout and log back in, then try and move the Firefox application icon from Applications over to Trash. Then empty it.

I've been trying to delete Firefox from my MacBook. ...
My bet is that you are running Firefox out of the mounted .dmg file (disk image file). You might have better luck if you actually install it. To do this, drag the icon onto the Application folder alias with the mounted .dmg window or anywhere else that suits your fancy.

Back