Trying to Download Windows Media Player! Not working...:o(

Keldud7

Registered
Hi there. Yes, I am going to the other side, to download Windows Media player, so I can watch wmv files. Anyway, I went to macdownloads and downloaded it. It's a sitx file. I tried opening it with Stuffit Expander. Should I try a different app? When I try using Stuffit, it gives me a message saying there was an error and it couldn't be opened. Is there something wrong with the file or what? Thanks for any suggestions! Have a gr8 day!

Hi there. Sorry bout that. I am trying to download version 9.0 of media player and I'm running 10.4.2

You're going to need the latest version of Stuffit Expander from http://www.stuffit.com. You're going to need that version since WMP for OS X is compressed in .sitx format, which is only supported by the version provided by the link I just gave you.

The version of WMP on the site Gig linked to is in .bin format, not .sitx. You'll still need StuffIt to handle it, but if you can't get the sitx working, you should give the bin a shot.

well it worked, I didn't use his link, I had already downloaded it, but it wouldn't open. So, now it is opened and working. Thanks for all the help! Have a gr8 weekend!

Hi,

I have a macbook 10.5.2. I want to download WMP for my macbook but when i install there is a box with some codes that popped up. there is no option to install or open. can u tell me how to download wmp for macbook and which is the best version. i need to watch movies and live sports streaming. i am trying all other forums but noone helped me.

thanks

WMP is no longer developped for Mac OS X. Instead, Microsoft has licensed Flip4Mac, a Quicktime plugin, for playing Windows Media files. Like WMP 9, it plays WM files just fine, unless they're DRM'd. Usually, if neither Flip4Mac nor VLC can play a file, you won't play it without running Windows.

hi

thank u so much for the reply. i just wanted to know if i get flip4mac like u said will it slow down my computer or make any difference to the browser?? because i like safari browser so i dont want to get mozilla or internet explorer. can i use flip4mac via safari ??

thanks again

Back