Trying to find Claris Cad for OS X or something???

TribalMKIV

Registered
I am working on a computer for a friends dad. Their family just got a 450MHz G4 and it has a Zip100 but no floppy. His older mac 6100 only saves to floppy. The problem is the Claris CAD software is from 1990 and I can't find a newer version. I'm worried whatever I find wont work with OSX if that's possible.. I mean I need someone to help...

If you are wanting a program for simple drafting then I would suggest Vectorworks 9.0 (or is it 9.5 now, can't remember). It is a killer drafting program native to the Mac and has been updated for OS X.

If you want to do rendering and animation work then I would suggest Maya without hesitation. Truly the best program on the market. It's simple, fast and extremely expensive.

Have fun...

Thanks bro, see the thing is I dunno now if it's cad he uses or Claris with a spreadsheet. They have this program he uses to make invoices. He works at a wood Mill locally and the program calculates totals and such. It didn't seem much like a CAD program. I think it's Claris itself and he happened to have the disks for Claris CAD. If anyone can clear this up, but thanks again.

Probably a late post on the subject, but if your dad was using a Claris program to do invoices, it was probably FileMaker (to which you can easily find the OS X upgrade). It's possible that he could have been using ClarisWorks, luckily, that has made the transition to OS X as AppleWorks.

Back