trying to load Leopard (10.5) On G4 notebook

printer6km

Registered
Does anyone know if I can load Leopard on my notebook - it is currently running 10.3.9 - it has a 1.33 processor - according to what I found in the leopard info it should work but I tried for over 8 hrs yesterday - and all it does is sit there and spin with the little color wheel - I am getting very frustrated - I started all of this because my wife bought me an Ipod touch - which after several hours I figured out was useless without a system upgrade - so I decided after spending the money for Leopard I might as well upgrade to an Iphone instead of just the ipod - but now I am regretting it all - $460+ for a phone and case and $129 for the system that as of yet still doesn't work and I talked with the guy who usually upgrade my macs and he said 2 hrs per machine at $95/hr to load the upgrade and ooh yeah make sure your whole computer is backed up because leopard has been known to wipe everything out?? (scary) - any help would be appreciated - email me directly if you like at printer6km@yahoo.com -thanks

OK. The first thing is to go out and get a external firewire drive and then use a 10.3 free backup (clone=bootable backup) like Carbon Copy Cloner (look at the bottom of the CCC web page for the 10.3 version).

Then on your 10.3 do a "clone" to backup your current system. Then it will be time to do an install in the Archive & Install way. This way you will get sort of a fresh install but with a "Previous System folder" that you can get some of your older data from, then delete that that folder to save space since you don't need any of that old data.

Just remember some of the old programs you have MUST be updated for 10.5!

Back