turning off html in entourage?

applewhore

Registered
Hi

I've been trying to turn off HTML formatting in incoming messages in Entourage X

I checked in the "help" menu, but it says that HTML can only be switched off in outgoing messages...

Can this possibly be true? As I understand it, HTML is one way that spammers can tell whether or not an e-mail address is live and valid... If so, how can M$ prevent me from protecting myself?

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be grateful...

Thanks
:confused:

Under Entourage > Mail & News Pref >

Uncheck "Display Complex HTML..."

I have a ton of custom things setup that block a majority of my spam to the junk folder that i browse when i choose, not to mention anything moved to that folder does not make any notification that it is there, i see it when i decide to browse through my junk.

Also, limit the size of your emails you receive, under the "Option" tab for your account settings. That way you can cut down on the amount you receive from the server, if you know the person, simply select "Receive entire message..." and the next connect Entourage will get the entire email. I have mine set to 20k.

Thanks Urbansory...

That's just what I was looking for!

When I searched for "HTML off" in Entourage's Help Menu it showed :

"Turn HTML formatting on or off in a message
• On the Format menu, click HTML.
Notes
• You can turn off HTML formatting in messages you send but not in messages you receive..."

A bit misleading, I think!

Anyway, done now... Good other suggestions, but the only thing I'm getting at the moment are HTML coded spams... I'm trying to save them up so that I can use SpamSieve (the author recommended teaching it with a minimum of 600 e-mails, of which more than 50% have to be spam!)

Hopefully this will then reduce the number I get in even further... I just deleted an account that received 150 - 200 spam messages EVERY day!

Thanks again...
:D

Well you can make a rule that catches HTML emails and you can do with the what ever you like. I move mine to the junk folder. Once you set your rules up, very few will make it to your inbox, i think 2 slip through every so often.

Back