twitter rss feed

Jiggy1965

Registered
Every half hour I keep getting this popup:
screentku.png

I've deleted my cache, cookies, browser history and rss articles. There are no twitter/rss bookmarks anywhere. I could deselect the option in Preferences to auto update any rss feeds of the bookmarks bar, but rather leave this default. Why is Safari insisting there is a twitter rss feed and wants to update it when I cleared everything? There seems to be some mention of twitter rss somewhere in Safari. I'v also tried to delete the Database3 file. Safari made a new one, but the twitter rss popup still appears. I'm using a Mac osx 10.4.1 dual Core Intel Xeon. Can I totally clear any rss subscriptions/feeds somehow (even though I never subscribed to any twitter rss feed).

Close any Twitter connections. Then go to /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and in that find any of the saved passwords for Twitter and delete them. Also in Keychain Access hunt around it the menu items and do a Repair on your Keychain. Then once you launch the Twitter application and it asks for your login information, go ahead and enter it and be sure to save this to your Keychain (checkmark in the saved box).

Hopefully this will fix your problem, Good Luck.

There aren't any twitter password in Keychain as I never gave them in this popup. I've tried deleting the database3 file to perhaps clear any old twitter rss subscriptions (though I doubt I've had any), but it didn't work. The database3 file is recreated on opening Safari but the popup remains. Is there perhaps a way to completely clear all rss subscriptions? I've deleted 'rss articles' in Safari Preferences, but there seems to be some twitter rss feed subscription somewhere...

Back